Sunday, September 7, 2008

September

Mark is going strong. He has started with the new insulin and it seems to be working out well, he is just trying to work out the bugs. He is starting up his own blog to keep you all updated on his progress, when it is up and going we will let you know the address.

Trisha - I went to LA on August 29th with my sister to the Pepsi Smash concert - WE HAD A BLAST!!!! On Friday we got in LA about 8:00 and a town car was waiting for us to take us to the hotel. After we checked in at the Century Plaza (NICE) we had a dinner with Pepsi. On Saturday we got up and went for a little walk to see Rodeo Drive! It was not as wonderful as I thought, it is in the middle of not the nicest part of town. I did find a purse and Niemen Marcus for only $1,195.00 - should have bought it - YEAH RIGHT!!!! Then we walked back to the Hotel and went to the Mall then walked to see the LA Temple - needless to say we were tired from all walking. That night we meet in the lobby with all the other winners (about 200 of us) and went to the concert. They told us we could not take cameras so I left mine at the Hotel and when we got there everyone else had cameras and were taking pictures (MAD) we were in the pit (standing room only) and we were right in front of the stage and I had no camera to take pictures so I did not get any pictures. Natasha did a great job and loved her performance - on the other hand when Fergie came out they turned up the volume and it was really loud. Her dancers were not the most modest I guess you could say, we stayed for about half then went out into the lobby until it was done. Then that Sunday came home.

Jarod & Justin - They are going back on track on Monday the 8th. They are ready to get back into the swing of things. They are loving Jujitsu and waiting for Soccer to start. Justin went to the eye doctor for the first time and his eyes are just fine - no need for glasses yet. Jarod broke his frames and luckily when we went back to costco the frames were under warranty so they just replaced his frames. Costco now knows Jarod cause we are in there about every other week getting his glasses adjusted. He is a boy!! They are growing like weeds - pants we bought for Jarod in March are already floods on him - it is good for Justin cause it has lots of hand me downs. They are enjoying that last bit of summer trying to get in as much bike riding and scooter riding as they can.

Talk to ya soon!!!

2 comments:

Liesl said...

Trish, I'm glad you had so much fun at the concert! I forgot to ask you about it, so glad I got to read about it in your blog! Thanks for the update. :)

Jenny said...

Trish...I love your blog! This is soooo cool! I'm sad you didn't get any pictures cause I love love love Natasha...o-well. So...whens the next game night?