Monday, September 29, 2008

On Saturday night my parents and my sister had the kids for a sleep over. On Sunday morning Mark did not feel well enough to go to Church so I went by myself, I actually got to hear a talk!! When I came home we changed Mark's bandage on his line and it was sore and swollen so he paged the nurse and she said she would talk to the Dr. and let us know what they wanted us to do. When she called back she said we needed to go to the E.R. well as most of you know this is nothing new to us. The nurse told me she would call the charge nurse and give orders of what needed to be done. When we got there and got registered and into a room (IMC - HUGE we were in room 72) we were surprised that the E.R. now has T.V.'s in the rooms so that made it a little bit easier. After asking about 4 people to try and find the orders and 3 hrs later they could not get in touch with the nurse or Mark's Dr. so they let us go saying it was just an infection. I paged the nurse and when she called back and told her the story needless to say she was ticked. When we got home the nurse called back and said she called the Hospital (gave them a piece of her mind) and we needed to go back and get some cultures taken and when Mark got there to immediately take him back and take the cultures and not to re-admit him or charge us for the visit. When Mark got there they did exactly what they should have done the first time. Mark stopped and got the prescription - $42.00 bucks!!! after ins. So now we can add IMC E.R. to our list of E.R. we have visited. It seemed like a long day but we are doing well. We have not heard back on the results of the cultures but will keep you posted so check this blog or Marks in the next week for an update. Thanks for all your love, support and prayers in Mark's behalf. It really helps to keep you going. I know this was not a big deal but it always freaks me out a little cause you never now when this will be the big one that will end bad. I just thank the Lord everyday we do have even if it is in the E.R. LOL.

MTJJ

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow, what a long day! I miss you! I feel like I haven't talked to you for weeks. I mean I know we have but not a good long talk ;)

Liesl said...

Hey Trish, sorry you had to go through all that. We've spent some aweful long nights in the ER too, and it's so frustrating! Anyway, hope it all turns out well. Hey, sorry Dave didn't teach on Sunday, even he was surprised! :)

Lynnette and Paul said...

What a pain for you guys! Hope he gets feeling better real soon. We need to get together again for some more games and your naughty brownies!!! Love you lots. P.S. My blog is now private and I can't find your email address so email me and then I can add you on to view it:)