Thursday, June 18, 2009

Flu / Fluke Family

O.K. so on May 12th I started not to feel so good and then the next morning I was not doing to much better but of course I had to go into work that day. I got to work at 7:00 by 8:00 I had drank almost 64 oz of water and was still thirsty and I was freezing, I had my jacket on and a blanket wrapped around me. I was shaking soooo bad Icould not take it anymore so I left work at 8:30 and went to the Insta Care. When I got in I had a fever of 103.3 and they said I had flu like symptoms, so they ran a strep test - can back negative then they did the flu test to make sure it was not the swine flu - OH MY OUCH!!! they take a long q-tip and shove it up your nose, I started to lean back cause it hurt and the nurse took the back of my head so I could not move and kept going - I could feel and hear my nose cracking as it kept going. After she took it out I just started crying cause I was upset - we are leaving for LaJolla in 2 days. Of course all those tests came out negative. So I went home and slept the rest of the day. My fever broke later that night and the next morning you guessed it I was just fine no fever no symptoms!!! So I have decided to label our family as the Fluke Family. Mark gets a blood clot and I get the flu - I have NEVER had the flu. So I guess that this a good thing that I did not have the flu.

MTJJ

No comments: