Sunday, September 6, 2009

Again???

Well September has started off a little rough for us. On Wednesday Sept 2nd I went into the office to work and Mark calls me in the morning when he gets up and said he did not feel well, I did not think much of it since he dose not feel well most days, then around noon he called and said his stomach was upset. The kicker was when he called me around 3 and said his heart rate was jumping between 120 and 140 so I told him to call his nurse and let her know what was going on and I told him I was on my way home from work to take him to the Hospital. On the way home I decided I better call him and make sure he was O.K. and I had him stay on the phone with me until I got home just in case anything happened. Got home and got the kids and Mark and headed for the E.R. My parents came and meet us at the E.R and got the kids (they had a soccer clinic that night that they wanted to go to). We got to the E.R. at about 4:45 and surprisingly they took him right back. Of course they did every test they could and one test did show that his white blood count was high so we knew he would end up in the RICU to be observed. Well we were right they got us up to the RICU at about 7:45 so only 3 hrs in the E.R. not bad. Mark wanted me to stay the night with him and I wanted to but I knew if I did not go home and be with the kids they would freak out so I left Mark hoping I would not get a call in the middle of the night. When I got home the kids wanted to sleep with me and under the circumstances I let them so needless to say between my fears and two kids in bed with me I did not get much sleep. When I got back to the Hospital on Thursday Mark said that night they started and IV Antibiotic then ran some more blood tests and they showed that and his white blood count had dropped. Spent the day with him then I had to get back home and get the kids from school and do homework and we were on our way back to the Hospital to get their dad and bring him home, at least that is what we thought. HAHA they ended up having Mark stay one more night to finish off the last of the IV Antibiotics (there were 3 bags). Friday the 4th Mark called me and said COME AND GET ME!!! they were letting him come home. YEAH. They did want to monitor him to see if this would happen again so they sent him home with a King of Hearts monitor which he needs to wear for 2 weeks. The Dr.'s do not know what caused this or what even happened. O.K. can we say FLUKE FAMILY!!!

I want to thank everyone for their concerns, love and prayers. WE LOVE YOU!!

MTJJ

No comments: